Trempealeau County Health Care Center is a county-owned facility with roots beginning in 1898.
Trempealeau County Health Care Center has continued to expand throughout the many years of operations to bring about a comprehensive system of care. Using a recovery and person-directed care approach the Trempealeau County Health Care Center, focuses on assisting persons to be prepare for community living by promoting the individuals well-being.
Institute for Mental Disease-Nursing Facility
- One of three licensed IMD’s in the State of Wisconsin
- Provides services to persons throughout the State of Wisconsin over the age of 18 who have serious, persistent mental illness
- Treatment focus is recovery based and person-directed with an emphasis on returning to community living
- 112 bed treatment focused facility that consists of 77 beds on a secure unit, 23 beds on an unsecure unit, and a 12 bed Gero-Psych Stabilization Unit.
- Helpful Information for visiting the IMD unit.
- Focus is on skilled nursing care, treatment and services to persons with mental illness, dementia, organic brain syndrome and difficult behaviors or complex medical needs
- A 34 bed both federally and state licensed treatment facility
- A Certified Music and Memory Care Facility.